I love curry and always felt when I was trying to eat clean that it was on the NO list! BUT I have found this really good recipe for a curry and made some tweaks to it to make it into a healthy alternative! I have had this now a few times and it is my go to ‘fakeaway’! Hope you enjoy! 🙂
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp of Ginger
- 3 tbsp of Red Thai Curry Paste
- 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 400 ml of Coconut Milk
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Courgettes/Zucchinis
- 2 Onions
- 1 Large red Pepper
- 1 large cauliflower
- First I heated a pan with the coconut oil and then added the chicken with the garlic and ginger. Let these cook for a few minutes until the chicken was a bit golden on the outside.
- Then I added the rest of the veg and also the teaspoon of ginger. I then let these cook for a few minutes until the veg was soft.
- Then I added in the paste, let that cook for a couple of minutes and then added in the coconut milk.
- I left that simmer on a low heat for awhile so all the flavours would come together!
- While that was simmering I started cooking the cauliflower rice.
The Cauliflower Rice
I was a bit scared of trying this. There was a lot of positive feedback online saying it was just like rice but to be honest I just didn’t believe them!! I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t ‘just like rice’ as they had all proclaimed but its a pretty good substitute and when served with something as flavourful as curry it goes pretty well !
So firstly cut up the cauliflower head and place in a food processor. Blitz this until it look like the texture below.
Then all you have to do is throw some coconut oil in a an heat it up, toss your cauliflower in and cook away until heated and slightly crispy on the outside! This takes around 6-8 minutes! I was having it with the above curry so I didn’t add in any flavor like garlic or chilli but maybe if your using it with a stir fry you could add in those for extra flavor!
And here is the finished product! 🙂
Super easy and really tasty and healthy!